At The Rehabilitation Center, our mission is to provide our community with outstanding patient care and quality rehabilitation programs. We manage patient care and provide services for education and community outreach. Through these programs, we contribute to our patients' independence and quality of life; the prevention and treatment of disease and disability and the health of our community.
These values guide The Rehabilitation Center in achieving our mission:
- We place patient satisfaction among our highest priorities and strive to ensure a compassionate, patient-centered environment.
- We nurture highly skilled professionals through a commitment to continuing education, advanced specialty training, certification, and teaching.
- We encourage multidisciplinary collaboration in patient care programs and education.
- We respond to the needs of local residents and serve as a vital resource for our community.
- We strive to set the standard of excellence in cost-effective, high-quality rehabilitation health care.
- We establish and sustain mutually supportive liaisons with other health care facilities - our partners in rehabilitation patient care programs, clinical research, and education.
The Rehabilitation Center, Inc. was opened in 2001 after our owner Roberta E. Scharff, PT, saw a need for a community based physical therapy practice in her home town of more than twenty years. Roberta had been treating in the Princeton and East Brunswick area's and noticed that there were no physical therapy practices in South Brunswick. In 2006 Roberta expanded our practice and opened another Physical Therapy office in Tinton Falls, NJ.